For assistance with a traffic matter, please select one of the following options:
1) Contact the Traffic Call Center at (916) 875-7800. Please note that the wait time can exceed 30 minutes.
Hours 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
2) Utilize the Traffic Virtual Public Counter to obtain assistance remotely via Zoom. You can show proof
of correction, set up payments, pay in full or check-in for a video arraignment appearance. A device that has audio
and video capabilities is required. Click HERE to enter the virtual waiting room.
Hours 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
3) Contact the Traffic Division via email. Click HERE and list your full name, citation or case number, driver's license and a summary of your request. Please allow 1-2 business days to receive a response.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, all traffic hearings are being held exclusively via the internet using Zoom, a video conference application. At this time, you may only see a judge via Zoom; you may not see a judge in person.
There are many options to resolve your case without appearing in court, unless an appearance is required. Please refer to the Traffic Division’s Public Notice for additional information.
Information regarding scheduled appearances:
- If you have a scheduled video arraignment hearing, you must read the following documents prior to your court appearance.
- Zoom Reference Guide for Arraignment Participants. This guide provides general information about your Zoom appearance as well specific directions on how to access your Zoom meeting link to appear in court.
- Traffic Arraignment Advisement of Rights. This notice contains important information regarding your rights and the arraignment process.
- If you have a scheduled court trial, post sentencing, or motion hearing, you can obtain the link to appear in court via Zoom by accessing your case on the Public Case Access System (PCAS). For additional instructions, please read the Zoom Reference Guide for Hearing Participants.
Online Services for Traffic
- Paying Your Traffic Fine
- How to Show Proof of Correction
- Traffic Violator School Program
- Modification of Sentence Based on Ability to Pay
Court Process and Information
- General Citation Information
- Juvenile Citations
- Red Light Camera Citations
- Preparing for Court
- Appearing in Court
- Contesting a Citation
- Subpoena/Subpoena Duces Tecum
An order to appear in court and to produce documents
- Traffic Arraignment Advisement of Rights
Night Court services will be provided remotely on the 2nd Wednesday of every month until 6:15 p.m. These services include Video Conference for Traffic Arraignment hearings and assistance via the Traffic Virtual Public Counter. Click HERE to enter the virtual waiting room. to check-in for arraignment, show proof of correction, set up payments or pay in full. Small Claims trials and mediation services will be provided via video conference. Please note: Interpreter services are not currently available during the Night Court hours.
Law Enforcement Agencies
- Traffic Court Setting Grid - 2020 (For Law Enforcement Agencies only)
- Traffic Court Setting Grid - 2019 (For Law Enforcement Agencies only)