You may obtain assistance in person at the Traffic Public Counter or remotely at the Traffic Virtual Counter by clicking HERE. Assistance is available Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., excluding court holidays.
A Virtual Public Counter clerk can assist you with the following options:
- Pay the fine (bail) in full
- There is no convenience fee added to the balance due.
- Set up a monthly payment plan
- You must pay a down payment of 10% of the total fine at the time you sign up for payments. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the court has temporarily waived the down payment of 10% of the fine. Once paid, a conviction abstract will be forwarded to DMV, and your option to contest the matter is no longer available.
- Once the court has established your monthly payment plan, the Department of Revenue Recovery will process the monthly billing and payments on behalf of the court. Any questions or correspondence should be directed to the Department of Revenue Recovery - external link.
- Failure to pay as agreed will result in your account becoming delinquent. Collection enforcement includes, but is not limited to, garnishment of your wages, seizure of funds in your bank account(s), placement of a lien on any real property you own, the balance of your fine reported to various credit bureaus as delinquent, and seizure of your California State Income Tax refund.
- You cannot make monthly payments and request Traffic Violator School.
- Request Traffic Violator School
- Submit proof of correction and pay any applicable fines and fees