There are options to pay by Credit Card:
- Pay your fine (bail) and close your case with a credit card through the Public Case Access System or by calling the Traffic Call Center at (916) 669-5712. Hours: Monday - Friday from 4:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., Saturday and Sunday - 6:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., reduced hours on some holidays. Visa, MasterCard, and American Express cards are accepted. Once paid, a conviction abstract will be forwarded to DMV and your option to contest the matter is no longer available. Proof of correction cannot be provided over the phone.
- Pay your fine and request Traffic Violator School through the Public Case Access System.
- You cannot make monthly payments and request Traffic Violator School.
Pay your fine (bail) in full or request monthly payments through the Public Case Access System.
- You must pay a down payment of 10 percent of the total fine at the time you sign up for payments. Once paid, a conviction abstract will be forwarded to DMV and your option to contest the matter is no longer available.
- Once the court has established your monthly payment plan, the Department of Revenue Recovery will process the monthly billing and payments on behalf of the court. Any questions or correspondence should be directed to the Department of Revenue Recovery - external link.
- Failure to pay as agreed will result in your account becoming delinquent. Collection enforcement includes, but is not limited to, garnishment of your wages, seizure of funds in your bank account(s), placement of a lien on any real property you own, the balance of your fine reported to various credit bureaus as delinquent, and seizure of your California State Income Tax refund.