Those in need of legal advice or the services of an attorney may obtain legal assistance from the following agencies:
This resource guide is provided to assist the public in locating legal services. The court does not endorse or warrant the services of these groups or any other groups. Court staff is not authorized to decide which legal forms you need or to advise you on how the law might apply to you.
Unlawful Detainer Advisory Clinic
- Location: Carol Miller Justice Center, 301 Bicentennial Circle, Room 300, Sacramento, CA 95826
- Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday - Friday, excluding court holidays.
- The walk-in Advisory Clinic is currently closed to the public due to the COVID-19 pandemic. For legal assistance, please email the Advisory Clinic at SCUDAdvisors@saccourt.ca.gov or call (916) 875-7846.
- Legal Services of Northern California - external link
- 515 12th Street, Sacramento
- Monday – Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Civil, Unlawful Detainer, Probate, Family Law and Public Benefits.
- Available for low-income clients only.
- Attorney Referral Services (Sacramento County Bar Assoc.) - external link
- Senior Legal Hotline - external link
- Part of Legal Services of Northern California
- Call for a free confidential consultation for Northern California residents age 60 and over.
- Social Security/SSI, Medi-Cal, Wills/Trusts/Probate and more.
- 2-1-1 Sacramento - external link
- 909 12th Street, Suite 200, Sacramento
- 24 hours, seven days a week
- Language Interpretation Services and TDD Line available
- Community Resource Referral-all subject matters
- Must Call
- Dial 2-1-1 or call (916-498-1000)
For more information regarding general Unlawful Detainer issues, visit the California Department of Consumer Affairs - external link.