Tuesday, November 21, 2017

The Court will be closed on Thursday, November 23rd in observance of Thanksgiving Day
The Court will be closed on Friday, November 24th in observance of the Day after Thanksgiving

What forms do I need to file with the court to get the tenant out?

What if I cannot afford the court fees and cost?

Apply for a Waiver of Court Fees and Costs (FW-001). Submit an Order on Application for Waiver of Court Fees and Costs (FW-003). Bring proof of income along with the fee waiver - (for example: the last two pay-stubs, documentation from Employment Development Department (EDD) - see the Information Sheet on Waiver of Court Fees and Costs (FW-001). For more information seek legal advice.

I served the tenant. How do I get my trial date?

If the tenant files an answer, you can request to Set Case for Trial (UD-150). A copy must be mailed to each answering tenant before filing and an Original Proof of Service (POS-010) is needed for each tenant.

How can I find out if the tenant responded to the complaint?

You can contact the court at 916-875-7746; please have your case number ready.

If the tenant did not respond - What forms do I need for a Default/Clerk's Judgment and possession?

What do I do after a Writ of Possession has been issued by the court?

Take the original Writ of Possession (EJ-130) to the Sheriff's Civil Department located at: 3341 Power Inn Road, Room 313.

Can a lock-out be delayed?

Yes, if the tenant files a motion requesting a delay of the lock-out.