Those in need of legal advice or the services of an attorney, may obtain legal assistance from the following agency:
This resource guide is provided to assist the public in locating legal services. The court does not endorse or warrant the services of these groups or any other groups. Court staff is not authorized to decide which legal forms you need or to advise you on how the law might apply to you.
Unlawful Detainer Advisory Clinic - Regional Human Rights/Fair Housing Commission
is located on the third floor in the
Carol Miller Justice Center.
- 301 Bicentennial Circle, Sacramento
- Monday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Closed one (1) hour for lunch between 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Free assistance for both the landlord/plaintiff and tenant/defendant.
- Walk-in Only. No Phone.
- Legal Services of Northern California - external link
- 515 12th Street, Sacramento
- Monday – Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Civil, Unlawful Detainer, Probate, Family Law and Public Benefits.
- Available for low-income clients only.
- Pacific McGeorge Housing Mediation Center - external link
- 20 Bicentennial Circle, Suite 200, Sacramento (across from the Carol Miller Justice Center)
- Monday - Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.; and 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Fridays 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.; or by appointment.
- Free mediation services where at least one party meets income qualifications.
- (916) 383-1861
- Attorney Referral Services (Sacramento County Bar Assoc.) - external link
- 1329 Howe Avenue, #100, Sacramento
- Monday – Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- $25.00 fee for half hour consultation with an attorney. All subject matters
- Senior Legal Hotline - external link
- Part of Legal Services of Northern California (916-551-2140)
- Call for a free confidential consultation for Northern California residents age 60 and over.
- Social Security/SSI, Medi-Cal, Wills/Trusts/Probate and more.
- Human Rights / Fair Housing Commission of the City of Sacramento - external link
- 1112 I Street, Suite 250, Sacramento
- Offers assistance to both Landlords and Tenants.
- 2-1-1 Sacramento - external link
- 909 12th Street, Suite 200, Sacramento
- 24 hours, seven days a week
- Language Interpretation Services and TDD Line available
- Community Resource Referral-all subject matters
- Must Call
- Dial 2-1-1 or call (916-498-1000)
For more information regarding general Unlawful Detainer issues, visit the California Department of Consumer Affairs - external link.