File Answer and Proof of Service Online - Tenants
- Steps for Filing Online
- Additional Forms Available for Filing Online
- Tenant e-filing Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Us
Steps for Filing Online
In order to file online, you will need Adobe Reader X (10). Download the
Adobe Reader - external link. If you open the Answer and Proof of Service forms in any other
Adobe Reader version, or any other Adobe program, you won't be able to file online.
Viewing Tips: After you have downloaded Adobe Reader X. We recommend PDF files be opened directly in Adobe Reader and not in your browser.
To do this:
- Open Adobe Reader or Acrobat
- On the menu at the top, click Edit / Preferences
- On Preferences window, select Internet from the Categories list
- Deselect the "Display PDF in Browser" option
- Click the "Ok" button(you may be prompted to restart your computer for the settings to take effect)
Why we recommend this:
- Adobe is opened outside of your browser
- You will be able to have many PDF files open at one time in Adobe
- You won't be forced to use your browser's "Back" button because the PDF replaced our page
- You will need a copy of the Complaint documents you were served.
- You will need the Answer packet which includes filing information.
- Filing Fees are required per answering defendant. Please consult the
fee schedule for the filing fee based on whether the amount the plaintiff is
asking is between $0 and $10,000 or between $10,000 and $25,000. You will need either a
- Credit Card, or
- If you cannot afford the court fees, and you qualify for a fee waiver, you may need income and expense information to complete the Request to Waive Court Fees (included in the online Answer UD-105 form set).
- Serve a Copy of the Answer
- Have someone over the age of 18 years, who is not a party to the action, serve a copy of the Answer to the attorney for the plaintiff (landlord) or, if the landlord is not represented by an attorney, then serve the copy directly to the landlord.
- After the Answer is served, have the person who served the documents file the Proof of Service. They can either complete the Proof of Service and submit it to the Court online; or they can complete the Proof of Service online, print it out and file in person at the Court; or give it to you to file in person at the Court.
- You MUST file your Answer and Proof of Service Online at the same time.
Additional Forms Available for Filing Online
This new service is in a trial period. If you have any questions or concerns regarding UD e-filing, please contact us.